Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Log files..

Okay, i must be going crazy. I created a log file;executed the package, it failed in Conrol flow. As expected there was a log file with all the info. Minutes later, i happend to change the connection in the connection manager, and now my log file is not generating any enteries. I have seen this behaviour many times, where it will some times create a log and other time don't. Most of my events are OnError so it should create some log?

I don't understand

-kuspaw

how odd,

when you define a log by means of SSIS log provider for Text Files you must choose for every task all those events in which are you interested (at least on Control Flow layer)

|||

Acually it happens quite often when i manually delete contents of log file, it stops writting to it. I tried OnError, OnPreExecute, OnFailure events but no contents in log file. I can see errors in output window but package is not writting anything to log file.

-kushpaw

No comments:

Post a Comment