Friday, March 30, 2012

Log In Name/Password with "no credentials"

Hi,
I've created a fairly simple custom data provider for Reporting Services.
It works perfectly in the designer.
However, although I've set the credentials to "no credentials", once I
deploy the report to the report server, it asks me for a "Log in Name" and
"Password". I can fill in whatever I like, it accepts it, and shows the
report as expected.
Any idea why the "Log in Name" and "Password" is displayed, and how I can
get rid of it ?
Thanks a lot,
FilipFilip,
When a data source is deployed the credential option is changed to prompt
the user. I believe this is for security reasons to prevent accidental
omission to change the credentials from development to production. To fix
this, access the Data Source tab in the Report Manager to the report and
change it back to "Credentials are not required".
--
Hope this helps.
----
Teo Lachev, MVP [SQL Server], MCSD, MCT
Author: "Microsoft Reporting Services in Action"
Publisher website: http://www.manning.com/lachev
Buy it from Amazon.com: http://shrinkster.com/eq
Home page and blog: http://www.prologika.com/
----
"Filip" <Filip@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EE99B8C6-465F-417B-BA29-8CA286A83354@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I've created a fairly simple custom data provider for Reporting Services.
> It works perfectly in the designer.
> However, although I've set the credentials to "no credentials", once I
> deploy the report to the report server, it asks me for a "Log in Name" and
> "Password". I can fill in whatever I like, it accepts it, and shows the
> report as expected.
> Any idea why the "Log in Name" and "Password" is displayed, and how I can
> get rid of it ?
> Thanks a lot,
> Filip
>

No comments:

Post a Comment