Friday, March 30, 2012

Log MDX en AS 2000

I'm wondering if there Is any way to log the mdx queries in AS 2000, I would like to know how to register the query that I am making when drill down in OLAP or when I use a Pivot Table.

I have seen in the Analysis Server properties there is an option called 'Log queries sent to server', but register no MDX queries in the 'txt file'. I have heard about editing the repository connection string and add a log file but I am not sure how to set it and how does it works.

Could anybody help me please?

Here are two links that might help:

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3080511

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3091021

HTH

Thomas Ivarsson

|||

I think the links above are slightly unrelated to the original question.

What you need to do is to edit the .oqy file which Excel uses to find the connection to AS, and add ";Log File=c:\mdxqueries.txt" right after "Data Source=...;Initial Catalog=..." and this should do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment