Friday, March 30, 2012

Log off Users in shared drive - Access2000

I have an Access2000 app placed on a shred drive. The problem i am having is that users leave it opened and take long breaks. Sometimes they leave it overnight. I would like to make corrections to the form but can't. How can I save and close all users. I would like to send a message telling all users to save any changes and give them 1 minute before shutting down.

ThanksHow do you plan to force them out?

I guess you could look at the timer interval event in Access...|||We have this problem on a small Access DB attached to Sybase. As far as we know, there's nothing you can do. The best I've managed to date is to open the lock file, take the computer names in the lock file and NETMSG them, but it doesn't guarantee they'll close the DB.

No comments:

Post a Comment