Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Log Grow

Hi,
Simple question but, for me, not obvious.
SQL Server 2000 + SP4.
My tempdb has 3GB, the Tlog for tempdb is growing and it has now 37 GB.
Recovery model simple.
1º Question - Why is growing the tlog for tempdb ?
I could shrink the log but this is just a workaround because in 4, 5 days i
have the same situation again.
2º Question - What could i do '
Thanks in advance
CMCCC
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2446
"CC" <CC@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EA9F5E5A-043C-4D62-B0F8-BDD4C89A8F3E@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> Simple question but, for me, not obvious.
> SQL Server 2000 + SP4.
> My tempdb has 3GB, the Tlog for tempdb is growing and it has now 37 GB.
> Recovery model simple.
> 1? Question - Why is growing the tlog for tempdb ?
> I could shrink the log but this is just a workaround because in 4, 5 days
> i
> have the same situation again.
> 2? Question - What could i do '
> Thanks in advance
> CMC
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment