Friday, March 30, 2012

Log parser

Can someone send me the command to import the application and system log of
the eventlogs into SQL Server for say 2 different servers ?
Does the command have to run every few mins ? How does it handle
duplicates,etc. ? I would like to have the logs in the database no later
than say 15 mins from the time they make it in the respective log. But I
dont know how log parser is smart enough to do that unless I run it every 5
mins but then again, what does it scan for and only ensures it does not
insert duplicates
Thanks
You have to write something custom to do this. You can do it with an SSIS
WMI data reader task. The class to look at is win32_ntlogevent.
Other options include powershell to from xp_cmdshell or a CLR function to
get to WMI.
Jason Massie
http://statisticsio.com
"Hassan" <hassan@.test.com> wrote in message
news:ut0pOZvKIHA.5360@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Can someone send me the command to import the application and system log
> of the eventlogs into SQL Server for say 2 different servers ?
> Does the command have to run every few mins ? How does it handle
> duplicates,etc. ? I would like to have the logs in the database no later
> than say 15 mins from the time they make it in the respective log. But I
> dont know how log parser is smart enough to do that unless I run it every
> 5 mins but then again, what does it scan for and only ensures it does not
> insert duplicates
> Thanks
>

No comments:

Post a Comment