Friday, March 30, 2012

Log On problems...

I've installed MSDE w/no problem - but what username & password do I use (well, I know what password since I specified it in the *.ini file before install) - but username?
Cassinni or IIS web server - I can't log on and do anything w/MSDE. Do I have to edit something w/a username, make one up, use one from that's built into windows? I've tried both settings _ windows authentication and SQL Server - but nothing. Any sugge
stions?
The default user ID is "sa". If you set the server to use Windows Authentication, you cannot logon with this user ID - at least via applications. This ID must be given a strong password. You can do that with the osql utility provided with MSDE.
If this is MSDE2000A, read the Jan 2004 version of the Readme2000A.htm that comes with the bundle. Also get a hold of the updates to this file.
I also suggest the SQL Server Books Online help file. This is downloadable at no charge and must be installed.
Mark Ferguson
"steve02a" wrote:

> I've installed MSDE w/no problem - but what username & password do I use (well, I know what password since I specified it in the *.ini file before install) - but username?
> Cassinni or IIS web server - I can't log on and do anything w/MSDE. Do I have to edit something w/a username, make one up, use one from that's built into windows? I've tried both settings _ windows authentication and SQL Server - but nothing. Any sug
gestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment